Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Black Dress LBD

On the seventh of March 2011 I pinned, measured, and cut out the pattern pieces from the suede fabric that I chose to do the LDB in. A fellow student gave me a bit of her extra lining for my LBD since I had forgotten to pick some up of my own. I am very grateful for that kind gesture. It is of a Violet/ Red Violet to a hint of blue satin/silk material. I have pinned, measured, and cut out the pieces of the pattern in the satin/silk lining that needed to be sewn together with the lining. Pinning through the suede was a tad bit difficult, but I did happen to manage. It was also tricky cutting out the patterns from the suede material. I did not have any room for error. Today I also found out the Muslin version fit the women that I was making it for almost perfect. Give or take an inch. I can't even imagine that I pieced it together so damn well. I will have photos posted shortly of everything from where I am up to so far in the final version of the LBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment