Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inspirations for how does your garden grow? project

Being that flowers are delicate in nature and soft to the touch. I wanted to create a dress that did not have too many rough edges I visited the Botanical Gardens to obtain more knowledge and to figure out exactly how to go about taking a flower and drawing from in a concept for a 3-D dimensional garment for a model to wear. This was no easy task mind you. There were several ways to go about this. I could do the shape and form of the flower, or focusing on one part of the flower for example the pedal. I then decided to just stick with drawing inspiration from the flowers colors. It would appear early on in the planning stages of the garment that I may run into problems trying to find an exact match of colors. So I have to Joanne fabrics store which is close to home to see what what colors they had. I also had to take into consideration what type of material to use to construct this garment out of and how I wanted it to lay upon the model. I feel the right color choices that I had picked out along side with the fabric choices which is delicate and soft gave me that look and feel that I had thought about earlier for to constructing the dress. I also wanted to add another ingredients to the draping of this garment, so I went with the idea of pleating. I looked through magazines and online to gain even more inspiration about the best way to go about and integrate the pleats on the garment. I seen countless ways how other designers used pleating to make their dresses flow soft and delicate while still having a somewhat of a sharp edge to it in route with regards to the pleats.

No comments:

Post a Comment